Digital Production Manager
London, United Kingdom
• Assists with ingestion and master scene prep, manipulation and alignment, optimization and validation of look and performance, both for virtual scouting and virtual camera shoots, remotely and/or on set
• Comfortable utilizing a mix of technologies, including motion capture (body and face), LED walls, VR, photogrammetry to name but a few.
• Responsible for equipment upkeep and maintenance, including correct set up and calibration, as well as routing of video signals for display, monitor and recording
• Assures a seamless blend between the physical and Virtual Production, including adjusting lighting, animation, set dressing as well as color correction, working closely with both the VP and VFX teams as required
• Ensures shoot derived data from different capture techniques and any reference material is stored correctly and meets the quality assurance standards before it being handed over down the pipeline to Post
• The role reports to the Virtual Production Supervisor
on set and to the Head of Virtual Production.
• Communicates effectively with the team, triages and pro-actively reports any concerns with inventory assets, software and hardware back to the respective team – VP Supervisor, Production, Pipeline or Engineering
• Strives to improve and further develop the stage pipeline and workflows
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in Film, Computer Science, or relevant area
• Minimum three (3) years of experience in Motion Capture projects, technology and VFX
• Must be able to execute technically difficult work and maintain a productive attitude under the pressure of a live action production environment
• Advanced knowledge of on-set digital acquisition hardware
• Knowledge of real time rendering and Unreal Engine.
• Advanced knowledge of still photography, film, and video production.
• Advanced knowledge of practical lighting on film stages
• Programming skills in Python & or C++ beneficial
• Creative technical problem solver, able to improvise quick fix solutions and tools if necessary in time sensitive pressure situations
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if your details have recently changed.