• Works with production team to create the desired animation controls and qualities for objects and characters
• Tests and trouble shoots animation controls and makes adjustments as necessary throughout the production cycle
• Receives direction from leadership and escalates issues quickly, as needed
• Build/design advanced characters, creatures, vehicles and props in Maya using in-house tools and pipeline.
• Mentor other members of the rigging team.
• Contribute/develop tools, rig-modules, workflow and plugins for the Rigging department.
• Bachelor's Degree/Diploma in art and/or engineering or equivalent experience
• Minimum five (5) years of rigging experience for high profile VFX and/or animation projects
• Expert knowledge/experience of human/creature anatomies.
• Expert knowledge of creature deformation and puppet rigging techniques
• Strong Python experience
• Expert knowledge of Maya
• Experience delivering complete milestones/tasks under tight deadlines
• Eye for detail and excellent organizational skills
• Team player who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if
your details have recently changed.