• Works closely with Executive Management, Pipeline Leadership, and Show Supervision team to assess rendering requirements for production and improve rendering pipeline
• Creates weekly reports of the farm usage and reports to management any render farm issues or recurring job errors
• Manages a team of render wranglers
• Oversees prioritization of the farm usage based on production needs on a cross-project/facility basis
• Detects jobs that have longer rendering times than necessary and offer support for job optimization and troubleshooting
• Creates workflows to better detect rendering times and maximize farm usage and ensures proper documentation
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• Knowledge of Deadline is required
• Knowledgeable in 3D Content Creation Tools (Maya, 3ds Max, Vray, Houdini)
• Experience with scripting in Python
• Capable to prioritize and time-manage personally and the team under pressure
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Good communication skills and ability to synthesize relevant reports and statistics.
• Understands the requirements in render job prioritization
• Highly technical, capable to help debug rendering artifacts or render-farm issues
• Experience in using Windows/Linux-based machines
• Understands the role of hardware in a render-farm and able to discuss with the IT department on needs, issues, and bottlenecks
• Ability to lead and train members of a team
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reznb8-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.