Los Angeles, CA
• Collaborates with the Director, VFX Supervisor and other creative within the production team, to deliver previz sequences which fulfill the teams vision
• Works closely with the Producers and Production team to ensure that schedules are created, maintained and remain up to date
• Contributes to the bidding phase of the project by helping provide estimates for the work required
• Works with pipeline and engineering teams to develop and improve the pipeline and tools
• Trains and supports the previz team, as part of their own career progression
• Communicates clearly and confidently across different teams, from client, to editorial, to production and builds good relationships with them.
• Helps develop talent and foster professional growth among the stage crew
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Three (3) years of experience in a supervisory role on large scale previz projects
• Experience working in a client facing role with Directors and key creative
• Experience in Supervisor role for AAA Film and Television projects
• Great visual storytelling skills and a well-grounded understanding of the language of the camera. Framing, perspective, lenses, coverage, continuity, camera movement, blocking
• Proven track record of leadership on previous projects
• Knowledge and experience in real time rendering and content creation with Unreal Engine
• Possess a strong understanding of the principles of animation and the ability to block animation themselves.
• 3D Generalist skills: have a well-rounded skill set: lighting, modeling, layout, anim
• Technical knowledge of various DCC software like 3ds Max, Maya, Houdini, Nuke, Unreal Engine
• Background or experience in fine art which shows a thorough understanding of physical, motion, weight and balance
• Ability to debug technical problems and follow up for assistance if required
• Solid camera animation work (laying out shots, staging, using film camera or on-set experience)
• Programming experience with python, C++ advantageous
• Experience with virtual production workflows and technologies advantageous
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2vzb-3-236-222-124-42 in your application.