• Assists with design concepts, the planning, building/rigging, Programming, and Calibrating of all LED Assets, which includes calculating power and signal specs per project/build
• Proficient with a mix of technologies such as Brompton, Novastar, Scalers, Switchers, Distribution Amplifiers, and PC Computers.
• Knowledge various LED Panel pixel pitches from .9 to 40mm. Indoor and Outdoor products
• Responsible for equipment upkeep and maintenance, including correct setup and calibration, as well as routing video signal for display, monitor, and recording
• Part of the team that sets up and runs the virtual cameras and Virtual Production Stages
• Aides the VP Stage Op and VFX team in assuring that there is a seamless blend between Physical and Virtual Production, including adjusting lighting, color and gamma correction, and set dressing
• Day in and out duties include saving all calibrated settings, while being sure to power on and off all LED equipment every day
• the role reports to the Virtual Production Supervisor on set and to the Head of Virtual Production.
• Communicates effectively with the team, triages, and pro-actively reports any concerns with LED assets
• Strives to improve and further develop the Utilization of the LED stage for Virtual Production
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum five (5) years of experience as a lead LED Technician working on Live events or on Production Stages
• Experience working in a client facing environment with Directors and Key Creatives
• Managerial skills to work with and delegate job duties to on-set LED technicians
• Must be able to execute technically difficult work and maintain a productive attitude under pressure of a live action production environment
• Advanced knowledge of on-set terminology and workflow
• Able to make changes to physical assets as well as LED software changes in real time, as needed on set
• Must be able to operate a forklift, scissor-lift, single-man lift, and climb an LED walls
• Knowledge of signal flow and troubleshooting skills
• Own your own tools and Harness
• Creative technical problem solver, being able to improvise quick fix solutions in time sensitive pressure solutions.
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if your details have recently changed.