London, United Kingdom
• Works directly with the EU leadership team composed of EU Head of Production, EU COO and EU EP to lead the EU region of studios, operating in lock-step with this team to deliver excellence in management and amplify the best talents of the European crew
• Ensures quality of work from the artists and pipeline teams is of the highest standards.
• In partnership with EU HOP casts creative supervision and technical supervision for each show
• In partnership with Dept Leads casts leads across each show
• Directly line manages Dept Leads, VFX Supervisors and CG Supervisors designing and facilitating their technical and creative development
• Dedicated to the internal pipeline of talent, identifying opportunities for cross-training and on-set exposure for potential leads/supervisors
• Serves as key technical expert on bidding, tests and creative problem solving
• Assesses quality, problem solves and escalates to Global Head of CG as needed
• Represents Scanline at external events and industry conferences as required by the Executive team
• Develops, mentors and establishes strong relationships with external up and coming talent in order to bring in new and specialist crew to grow our Scanline team
• Acts as Creative or Technical supervisor on tests and step in to handle early client communication on shows before teams are assigned
• Conducts yearly appraisals for the team and contributes to a culture of 360 degree feedback for crew not directly managed
• Contributes to our culture of constant learning by hosting master classes and spotlight talks for our team
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree in relevant field or relevance experience required.
• Minimum ten (10) years of live action visual effects feature and/or episodic experience on Tier 1 and 2 projects
• Demonstrates strong technical and leadership capabilities
• Experience and flare for leading, mentoring and training large teams
• Exceptional technical and artistic skills and ability to self-manage
• Ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas clearly, verbally and in written form
• Ability to adapt management and training style to suit direct reports
• Well rounded working knowledge of the technical and artists aspects of live action, virtualproduction and visual effects, as well as a deep understanding of CG pipelines.
• 9. Experience and knowledge of all 3D areas (modelling, rigging, texturing, look development, character FX, FX and lighting)
• Keenness to learn Flowline
• Experience in 3ds Max and Houdini
• Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if your details have recently changed.