Facial Blendshape Artist
• Creates high-quality face shapes using FACS; implements improvements/changes based on review feedback and Supervisor/Lead direction
• Proactively recommends and helps with testing and proper implementation of ongoing pipeline improvements; Identifies potential issues, provides solutions, and escalates
• Maintains a positive relationship with all stakeholders and departments; attend and fully participate in meetings
• Trains, mentors, and assists in overseeing junior modeling team members
• Communicates with production with changes to scope, time, and challenges to make adjustments to milestones if needed to achieve project and department goals
• Use Wrap and Wrap4D to process volume captures for shot work and FACS.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum two (2) years of VFX experience modeling photorealistic characters for live-action feature filmS
• Expert Maya and excellent knowledge of Zbrush and/or Mudbox.
• Mari and Wrap4D knowledge (a plus)
• Excellent technical troubleshooting skills and problem-solving abilities
• Strong understanding of rigging process and displacement map workflow
• Strong demonstrated understanding of facial anatomy and creating blend shapes for facial expressions using FACS
• Understanding of FACS, Visemes, Phonemes blendshape methodology
• Experience working on creatures, topology, and blend shapes
• Eye for detail and able to QA own work to ensure the highest quality before handing off assets
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills; experience working under tight deadlines with multiple priorities an asset
• Able to breakdown large goals into achievable milestones with production support
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Team player and able to work independently with minimal supervision
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3m5o-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.