London, United Kingdom
• Builds/ designs new workflows in and out of Maya and in-house tools for advanced creatures. This may include workflows in motion capture, virtual production and other softwares.
• Tests and trouble shoots animation controls and makes adjustments as necessary throughout the production cycle
• Mentors other members of the Creature Dev, Rigging and CFX team
• Contribute/develop tools, rig-modules, workflow and plugins for the Rigging department.
• Runs simulations for shot production; troubleshoots and provides revision based on the feedback from supervisor or client
• Models shot and/or cleans existing hair/cloth simulations
• Supports pipeline animation principles, timing, and departmental interdependencies
• Communicates and partners with the Creature Dev, Rigging, and CFX department on an ongoing basis regarding updates, changes, and general status updates
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree/Diploma in art and/or engineering or equivalent experience
• Minimum four (4) years of rigging and/or CFX simulation experience for high profile VFX and/or animation projects
• Expert knowledge/experience of human/creature anatomies
• Expert knowledge of creature deformation and puppet rigging techniques
• Strong Python experience
• Expert knowledge of Maya
• Houdini, Ziva, Unreal experience (a plus)
• Motion Capture Experience (Motion Builder, Faceware) (a plus)
• Shot Finaling experience (a plus)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2pxb-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.