• Creates artist tools and UI for the CFX department
• Partners with the management team to identify and implement existing and new pipeline features, tools, UI, and rigs
• Troubleshoots artist tool issues and develops effective solutions in collaboration with pipeline team
• Supports the production team and attends production meetings as needed for information and requirements gathering
• Writes technical briefs and provides supporting documentation to studio teams
• Identifies early areas of improvement and escalates issues as needed
• Runs shots and supports various tasks assigned as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, or similar discipline (preferred)
• Minimum five (5) years of creature simulation experience in live action visual effects for feature films or similar production environment
• Hair, cloth, muscle simulation experience in VFX feature films or similar development environment
• Experience with muscle setup, simulation, and deformation is a plus.
• Maya, Python, Mel Script experience (required)
• Experience working with Maya API
• Soup Maya experience (a plus)
• C++, Max/Max Script (preferred)
• Experience delivering complete milestones/tasks under tight deadlines
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Eye for detail, initiative, and excellent organizational skills
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as a team player
• Quick learner with strong troubleshooting/problem-solving abilities
We offer extended medical, disability & dental insurance.
Please apply only once to the same job posting with the same email, we keep your resume/ reel on file both current & future job opportunities. Only re-apply if your details have recently changed.