Houdini FX Artist
Los Angeles, CA
• Creates high-quality digital composites and visual effects for live action feature films and seamlessly integrates the various layers of a shot
• Executes a broad range of VFX tasks including look development, lighting objects, modeling, texturing, animation and rendering
• Establishes looks and/or follow set style direction
• Understands and follows production guidelines; solves design and/or effect challenges for key visual effects shots.
• Receives and implements feedback quickly and effectively
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum two (2) years of live action visual effects experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Experience with 3ds Max software is preferred but Maya experience will be considered so long as you are willing to learn 3ds Max
• Basic understanding of MAXScript
• Working knowledge the following software: 3ds Max, V-Ray, 3ds Max plug-in experience highly desired such as Forrest pack, and Thinking Particles and etc.
• Solid knowledge of principles of 3D
• Some working experience and knowledge of shader writing, and lighting
• Possess strong technical skills and ability to learn new software quickly
• Must have the ability to problem solve and predict potential problems with assigned VFX tasks
• Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vyv5-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.