Junior Site Developer
Warner Music Group
Los Angeles, CA
Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members’ work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work.
What You’ll Do
Provide team with Oracle applications expertise in the requirements and design of the components and frameworks for Oracle related projects & support. Recommend and implement software solutions for the SAG-AFTRA enterprise environment. Develops robust content architecture. Participate in all phases of software development life cycle.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Evaluates requests to create or modify modules by examining user requirements, conversion/creation requirements, and existing standards. Develop, enhance and maintain Oracle eBusiness Suite to support the needs of the SAG-AFTRA.
• Develops module specifications providing detailed instructions and logical steps
• necessary to convert requirements to program code.
• Analyzes and reviews enterprise systems to increase operation efficiency or adapt to new
• • Collaborate with varying levels of staff to gather and understand the business requirements to ensure development meets the specific need and provides a path for project success.
• Work with the managing staff to implement a standard software development methodology. Put in place standards for software development that include (but are not limited to): coding conventions, configuration management, build procedures, and architectural standards. Implement standard build and release procedures for developed and packaged applications. Perform release management on all software and hardware upgrades.
• Writes documentation to describe program operation.
• Analyze problems, identify solutions, provide support and implement techniques/methods for resolution of problems.
• Remains abreast of, recommends and evaluates new information technologies. Research, analyze and evaluate new computer system methods, applications, procedures and techniques.
• Designs end to end solutions, interfacing to or integrating with third party custom systems.
• Provide input into system analysis and design as required.
• Create interfaces and APIs to the Oracle eBusiness suite as required.
• Ensure high quality software through: unit testing, interaction with QA, triage, bug fixing and bug bashes
• Be able to mentor and provide training recommendations. Attend symposia, industry briefings and keep abreast of technologies used within the union.
• Performs other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
• Expert knowledge in Oracle R12 eBusiness Suite, in particular AR, CRM
• Expert knowledge in 10g Oracle Reports, Oracle Forms customization and Oracle workflows
• EBusiness Suite system administrator skills is a must
• Understanding Oracle R12 eBusiness Suite AIM (Application Implementation Methodology)
• Experience working within a Linux and Unix environment required
• PL/SQL and SQL expertise required.
• Experience utilizing a standard software development methodology (RUP preferred).
• Able to communicate effectively in English, written and oral.
• Ability to work well under pressure required.
• Ability to work well within a team required.
• Detail oriented.
• Understanding of the entertainment industry a plus.
• Able to organize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Able to prioritize tasks.
• Must be able to work in a very stressful environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work such overtime per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• 4+ years work experience in mixed environments (windows, Unix, and Linux systems), focused on web technologies and distributed architectures.
• Must have work experience in Oracle R12 CRM & AR.
• BS degree/computer science a plus.
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks