We are looking for an entry-level Biller and Collector to join our Finance team. This role is responsible for preparing invoices and collecting for services provided. You must have high attention to detail and be capable of analyzing data with creativity and innovation in mind.
Reporting to the Billing and Collections Manager, this role will work in partnership with the publicists and revenue team to ensure all invoices are properly billed and collected.
The Fine Print:
• Responsible for preparing timely, accurate invoices for assigned clients.
• Monitor WIP balances and prepares expense invoices to minimize potential agency float.
• Run WIP reports each month and review.
• Maintain past WIP reports so there are no balances over 90 days.
• Ensure all client receivables are collected within 30 days of billing (unless specific alternative payment terms are in place).
• Alert Billing/Collection Manager and applicable client lead of any/all past due invoices at least monthly
• Follow up with the client at 30, 45, and 60 days with reminders of invoices due
• Balances over 60 days should be referred to the Billing/Collection Manager for elevated action
• Clients with balances over 90 days must be referred to Finance Director & CFO to make a determination if work can be continued or halted until payment is resolved.
• Model superior customer service for both internal and external clients and hold the team accountable for the same.
• Ad hoc projects as assigned by Finance Director and/or CFO.
We are looking for someone who can become a billing and collections advocate for the account team leaders. You will be used to developing rapport with people and understanding differing styles. You will be inquisitive, questioning any unusual requests, i.e. reversal of fees.
• Strong communication, including writing, speaking, and active listening. Ability to articulates and convey information effectively in both group and individual situations.
• Great customer service skills, including interpersonal conversation, patience, and empathy.
• Good problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
• Organization, time management, and prioritization abilities.
• Clerical accounting experience.
• Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel.
• Knowledge of SAP is desired, but not required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d28957-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.