RCPMK New York has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Account Executive in our rapidly expanding Consumer & Lifestyle department that boasts clients in fashion, beauty, lifestyle, health & wellness and entertainment. The position will assist a bi-coastal team in conceptualizing, organizing and executing buzz-building PR and influencer strategies, innovative marketing campaigns, VIP programs, in-person and virtual brand activations.
Looking for a creative and resourceful team player that is current on relevant media, pop culture and trends with the desire to expand their network of media and influencer relationships. Must be proactive, creative, a team player with a positive attitude. Strong communication skills both verbal and written. Reliable and on time.
Candidate must have experience as an intern/assistant within consumer PR to support the NY Consumer & Lifestyle division. Ability to research and write creative pitches and conduct outreach to media and influencers in a strategic and professional manner. Successfully places stories in media outlets such as online, long-lead and short-lead print media, broadcast and event calendar listings. Compile publicity reports and event recaps. Highly-organized, able to prioritize, and manage multiple tasks at once and perform within a fast-paced environment. Database and media list maintenance and development. Track, monitor and circulate daily press coverage in a timely manner. Assist in the creation of all press materials including press releases, media alerts, recap and pitch decks.
The Fine Print:
• Assist in developing press materials, including media lists, pitches, press releases, etc.
• Requires strong organization skills and attention to detail
• Actively participate in team meetings, brainstorms and client calls/meetings
• Have experience targeting media, pitching and placing stories with bloggers/all forms of press, including existing media relationships across consumer/lifestyle media outlets
• Assist with influencer programs and special events
• Oversee and coordinate mailings to media, influencers, etc.
• Support media monitoring and reporting across key client accounts
• Support department leadership and clients by juggling multiple projects at a time
• Opportunity for advancement and growth and ideally views public relations as career path
• Preferred - Bachelor's degree or experience in related field
• Self-starter and who is creative and willing to work hard to get ahead
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with Excel, PowerPoint and Word, Google Drive, Cision, Critical Mention, *plus for Fashion GPS
• Well versed with social media platforms Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat
• Knowledge and passion for fashion, beauty, wellness and entertainment industries; must be able to identify celebrity, influencer and fashion trends
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj8vk0-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.