Staff Software Engineer, PXM (Client) - Legends of Runeterra
Riot Software Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work on multiple broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll work with both our technology, creating creative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value.
You bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas, and also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As a Software Engineer on the Legends of Runeterra PXM team, you'll be involved in a broad range of technology challenges, working together with other disciplines in delivering players to a live, game-as-a-service, Collectible Card Game (CCG) on PC and Mobile.
• Collaborating with team-leads delivering value to players in a bi-weekly release cadence.
• Creating technical designs for new features and architectural changes.
• Breaking down multi-month projects into smaller projects and tasks, and mentoring more junior engineers in executing those tasks across multiple sprints.
• Developing and modifying player facing features in our Unity game client.
• Implementing and championing standards to ensure high quality code.
• Coaching more junior engineers through code reviews and 1-on-1 feedback.
• 5+ years experience in professional software development.
• 2+ years working in a game engine (Unity, Unreal, etc.).
• Experience mentoring more junior engineers to level up their technical capabilities.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• OO Development experience in C#, C++, Java, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience.
• Professional experience leading development of games preferably in Unity.
• UI/UX Experience (building exciting game controls, client menus, etc).
• Full-stack development experience, comfortable working with client and services code to create responsive real-time systems.
• Mobile App and/or Multi-platform development experience.
• A love for competitive card games, digital or print.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnko23-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.