Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As Software Engineers, we work with both new and current technology, creating innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver player value.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Riot Direct Product Development team (RDPD), you might be tasked with the development and maintenance of distributed network appliances that protect and support our player networking data as well as automating the deployment of our servers and services both physical and cloud. We're looking for Software Engineers to not only create solutions for daily tasks but to identify broader systems engineering problems. Armed with technical depth and a problem-solving mindset, you'll advise teams across Riot to better support their systems needs. You will also mentor other Software Engineers. You will report directly to the Engineering Manager of our Infrastructure Platform - Riot Direct Product Development team.
• Create software solutions that increase and secure our player-facing network. Write automation and testing tools.
• Develop, and Integrate with multiple types of service APIs that are used to handle multiple services
• Improve direction and design, encouraging agreement to improve the overall strategy of infrastructure services across Riot
• Respond to and diagnose live production and other priority issues
• Produce comprehensive user documentation around your implemented solutions
• 8+ years of industry experience
• Experience working with DevOps and Agile/Scrum teams
• Coding experience using languages such as: Go, C, C++, or Python
• Experience with development pipelines such as docker, docker-compose, and Jenkins
• In-depth understanding of modern design patterns and paradigms, especially around API contracts, backend/fundamental services, scalability, and reliability Proficient with networking concepts and fundamentals
• Proficient with troubleshooting methods and tools such as traceroute, tcpdump, nmap, arp diagnostics, free, lsof
• Experience with AWS especially imaging and automation
• Experience with Linux eBPF, especially in XDP
• Experience with the Linux kernel and the Linux networking stack Familiarity with Linux kernel drivers/modules
• Familiarity with Linux kernel interrupt handlers
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).