Riot Software Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work on multiple broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll work with a diverse team to create high-quality maintainable software and solve complex technical challenges to provide player value in a sustainable way.
As a Senior Software Engineer for League of Legends: Wild Rift's Around-Game team (for more info on Wild Rift click here!), you will report to the team's Engineering Manager. You will work with the Technical Lead to prioritize and oversee the development of features. This is a global product, and you will work with teammates here in LA and with our development partners around the globe. You will review and provide feedback on technical designs and code written by a team of engineers for features being developed. You will develop hands-on expertise in our codebase and participate in code reviews to ensure our feature development continues to trend towards our technical vision.
• Partner with the Tech Lead to set technical direction, design, standards, and implementation
• Advocate and improve the team's process for delivering high-quality experiences to players
• Have a deep hands-on understanding of the quality and maintainability of your team's codebase
• Promote collaboration and alignment with multiple internal and globally dispersed teams
• Support live operations teams in triaging live issues
• Share and document knowledge to allow the team to share ownership of systems
• Post COVID, there may be some amount of travel required (~1 week every half year)
• 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering
• Experience building client/server UI architectures
• Expertise with one or more server-side development stacks (C/C++, C#, Java)
• Experience working on a SaaS live product
• Experience with Unity and mobile device games
• Experience shipping cross platform console games (XBox, PS, Switch)
• Mandarin language fluency would be great
• Experience working on a SaaS game and the journey from production to ship
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re87e7-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.