Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You'll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a client-focused Senior Software Engineer on the Legends of Runeterra PXM team, you'll report to our Engineering Manager, and master your skills by building new features and experiences in Unity for our multi-platform digital CCG.
• Collaborate within a team (including Game Designers, Artists, Animators, and Producers) to help shape LoR's content lines like Boards, Guardians, Skins and Card Variants.
• Communicate technical tradeoffs to designers, producers, and artists on their designs and ideas
• Create asset budgets and specifications; and develop content pipelines that make it easy to follow such guidelines.
• Develop content tools to help Artists and Audio iterate and get their work into the game.
• Improve existing animation and rendering systems.
• Implement new graphics solutions, based on the given guidelines.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or comparable field or equivalent experience
• 3-5 yrs collective professional software development experience
• 2+ years of experience as a graphics programmer or strong personal background, preferably with Unity
• Experience working with non-engineering collaborators to deliver value
• Experience with game development
• Unity Experience
• Knowledge of shaders, performance tuning, animation and graphics optimization
• GPU/CPU optimization is nothing new for you.
• Mobile development experience
• Experience with a AAA Game Team
• A love for competitive card games, digital or print
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!))
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).