Riot Software Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work on multiple broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll work with both our technology, creating creative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be deeply challenged to learn a large breadth of architecture at Riot. You will need to curate a prioritized view of the highest value areas you can deploy your team in order to enable our players to have consistent, reliable engagement experiences with Riot's games. You will be expected to build alignment across multiple different technology stakeholders and grow your engineers. You'll be partnering and coordinating with technical leads across Riot while aligning your priorities with some of Riot's most important strategic objectives.
• Maintain and evolve Riot's technical understanding of its multifaceted technical architectures
• Ensure Riot central technology teams have the necessary vision into how our live services are performing
• Establish meaningful, long lived, standards across multiple technical stacks
• Provide emergent, critical support and maintenance to existing platforms
• Provide meaningful code review for other members of the team
• Produce comprehensive user documentation around your implemented solutions
• 3+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience with designing, prioritizing and maintaining high-capacity, high-availability, and high-performant software, especially back-end services
• Demonstrated experience working in container-based ecosystems and with a container scheduler (e.g. Marathon, Mesos, Kubernetes, GKE, Amazon ECS)
• Experience with distributed systems, specifically microservices
• Experience with API design, preferably using REST
• Understand relational databases like MySQL
• Experience building teams from the ground up
• Understand software performance and influence latency in online games
• Experience with AWS (or comparable cloud environments)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqmxkx-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.