Senior Game Producer, China - Unpublished R&D Product
Production at Riot Games helps lead the vision of each product across the finish line and helps deliver experiences beyond the audience's expectations. You should be comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment where change, big and small, is a critical part of the process. You will lead the team in establishing clear goals and constraints, and ensure we have the plans, processes and tools needed to achieve ambitious objectives.
As a Senior Games Producer within Riot's China Development and Incubation Center supporting R&D titles, you will leverage your knowledge and experience in the China mobile gaming market and work with internal and external developers to lead production efforts in delivering a quality mobile crossplay experience for our games to markets across the globe, especially China. You will build relationships with developers across teams at Riot. You will ensure that the team is set up for success for Mobile from pre-production to launch and beyond as a key member of the development team. At first you will lead one or more pods and will be responsible for our mobile game roadmap; later on into production and ship you will transition from a tactical to mostly strategic and live success role on the team. You will report to the Sr. Manager, Product Management of the team.
• Act as liaison between the team, internal customers, and stakeholders
• Align game team on mobile play and crossplay experiences, and be able to articulate how outputs ladder up to strategy and product vision as prioritized by project leadership
• Align crossplay strategy and execution between the team, internal customers, stakeholders and roadmap
• Create team product roadmap that demonstrates the value being delivered (to players or other customers) with the product owner team and Executive Producer
• Lead product discovery incorporating cross discipline perspectives (such as design, art, and engineering)
• Able to communicate and get stakeholder buy-in on the ''why'' behind the team's work
• Coordinates closely with other mobile producers across the company to share, document and consolidate lessons learned and collective expertise on mobile
• Champion a player focused mindset and be the voice of the player
• Actively review and engage with players via popular channels (forums, events, etc). Deeply understand the pulse of our players.
• Lead mobile development efforts for a feature team of up to 10 developers
• Directs all team rituals
• Sprint / milestone commitment tracking
• Tracks ALL work (planned, unplanned, emergent)
• Responsible for stakeholder management and communication
• Responsible for keeping stakeholders consulted and informed on progress and bought in to discussions as needed for project success
• Update and track against common delivery checklist for shipping
• Knowledgeable of team workflows to inform staffing needs, estimates, and risks
• Responsible for understanding total required scope for team's efforts
• Work with Project Leads to meet staffing needs
• 4+ years of experience as a Mobile Game Producer with experience leading and coordinating live game development and operations
• Fluent in Chinese and English, and can promote collaboration across different languages and cultures
• Knowledgeable of current trends in the Chinese gaming industry
• Willingness to travel to China several times a year as business requires
• Must have shipped multiple mobile games or with production responsibility on key features and/or content
• Experience working with cross-functional teams on Front End Menus, FUTI, and other mobile specific features
• Experience scheduling and tracking development. Identify and mitigate risks associated with key-milestones both for internal teams and external teams. Be able to use production tools like JIRA and Favro to track development and generate reporting.
• Experience leading teams through feature development (planning, execution, delivery, post-release support)
• +6 years of experience as a Mobile Game Producer or Product Manager with experience coordinating live game/app development and operations
• Mastery of production tools like JIRA to track development and create reporting
• Console experience of similar scope is a major bonus
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj8yy2-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.