As a Senior Game Designer, you will design and improve the player experience. Your analytical skills, player insight, and creativity help craft in- and out-of-game experiences that motivate and delight players. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to design and iterate player-focused designs that will enchant millions around the world.
As a Game Designer on the R&D team, you'll report directly to the Design Manager, and work together to build a gameplay prototype that blends the best of multiple exciting genres. You'll architect the strategic combat challenges and systems that enthrall players during every session. You'll apply rigorous critical thinking and a large dose of imagination to engineer the obstacles that captivate players, and always have them looking forward to the next encounter. You'll work with every tool at hand and collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to design and refine player-focused solutions that'll delight millions around the world. This position should be comfortable moving from paper design, to prototype, to building a system that delights players long after we ship.
• Work collaboratively with the Lead Designer, greater design team and team leadership to ensure players have excellent challenges to overcome.
• Represent and evolve the design needs and goals for a host of content and systems to a large, multidisciplinary team.
• Prototype great challenges for players to overcome, and set down the guidelines so that other designers repeat and exceed your successes
• Constant source of constructive feedback, setting the standard for helping others meet their goals and elevating the team's ability to talk about our work.
• 5+ years of experience in professional game design experience
• History of feature ownership on product critical projects with numerous successes managing tradeoffs between bold goals and shipping value to players.
• Multiple examples of building and maintaining large systems with broad sets of requirements at the heart of the player experience.
• Can communicate the details of complex design structures and partner with multidisciplinary teams members to deliver those elements to players.
• History of implementation skills, able to build their vision for the game and take projects across the finish line with sustainable implementation grounded in best practices.
• Can talk about the many audiences a feature serves, its place in the holistic experience of the game, and a passion for helping others bring content to life for players.
• Experience designing for the mobile and PC markets
• Practiced skill giving detailed mentorship and feedback to other designers on their teams
• Deep player experience with the breadth of turn based strategy games
• Well rounded design craft, able to pinch hit in mechanical, thematic, and experiential design spaces when needed.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq84j9-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.