QA Engineers are champions for quality, focused on testing to guarantee a holistic understanding of Riot's projects. They create test plans and evaluate both the functional and subjective caliber of projects for a Riot development team. As every project is different, they listen and improve, to put the players and their team first, and to solve ambiguous and complex problems. Most importantly, it's their passion and love for quality that ensures that QA Engineers help us level up and improve our processes, giving players the best experiences while playing our games.
As a QA Engineer III on Sustainability you will oversee the QA process for a team that supports multiple Riot products. You will work with your team of software engineers, content developers, artists, producers and project managers to create value for Players around the world. You will be guided by Riot's Test Policy to ensure the execution of quality activities at every stage of the software development life cycle. Additionally, you will partner with your team to arrive at more efficient solutions to everyday problems and improve delivery. You will also be tasked to work with other QA professionals, often remotely to get your work completed. You will report to the Sr. Manager, Quality Assurance of Sustainability.
• Impact/Scope - Your decisions shape team quality processes and may have Riot-wide impact. You promote improvements on how teams operate.
• Complexity - You're able to overcome complex challenges by working with colleagues on different teams and in different disciplines.
• Management/Oversight - You determine methods and procedures on new work efforts and can be a team lead, while instructing junior QA and external testers in their daily tasks.
• Craft Knowledge - You have broad expertise in multiple areas, and are seen as an expert in one or more craft areas.
• You ensure the development of multiple quality activities, such as test planning, testing and risk assessment for all features and content owned by your scrum team.
• You solve complex problems by improving on best practices, and implement new ways of approaching and mitigating quality risks.
• You plan work according to team deliverables, and take direction from both your team leads and quality manager.
• You oversee external testers in their daily tasks.
• 6+ years Software Quality Assurance Experience, with multiple product successes.
• Experience implementing test approaches as part of an overall test strategy.
• Experience coaching QA team members on test design and planning.
• Experience improving processes within a team.
• Experience tasking remote teams and providing feedback on effectiveness.
• Development experience across multiple platforms: PC, Mobile, Consoles
• Experience programming and scripting
• Experience as an SDET, Software Engineer, or QA Architect
• Preferred Licenses/certifications:
• ISTQB Foundation Level
• ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
• ISTQB Expert Level
• ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
• ICAgile Test Expert (ICE-AT)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, collaboration, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb78mo-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.