As a part of the Riot Developer Experience (RDX) team, you'll collaborate to build the distributed platform that enables our games to operate globally at scale. You will work with all game teams, including R&D, to engineer the microservice foundation that enables us to bring projects from creation to production.
As an Engineering Manager on the Riot Developer Experience (RDX) team, you'll build the distributed platform that enables our games to operate globally at scale. RDX is made up of talented and passionate engineers split into multiple diverse teams organized around problem spaces. You will work with all game teams, including R&D, to engineer the microservice foundation that enables us to bring projects from creation to production. If you are looking to have an impact across all of Riot, join us and pioneer solutions to new challenges at an incredible scale. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Riot Developer Experience (RDX) group.
• Manage a team of 4-8 software engineers, coaching them, overseeing performance management, growth opportunities, and accountability.
• Manage the health and performance of the engineering team with empathy and authenticity, building trust, and inspiring them to overcome challenges.
• Stay closely connected to the tech, overseeing the technical design and deliverables of the team and working closely with your team's technical lead.
• Grow the team through hiring and construct an efficient onboarding process for new team members .
• Build healthy relationships with other engineering teams at Riot to foster cross-team collaboration.
• 6+ years experience as a software engineer.
• 2+ years experience directly leading an engineering team
• Expertise with full software development life cycle
• Expertise in project management, prioritization frameworks and guiding investment strategies in people and systems.
• Experience collaborating across departments to create solutions.
• Understand distributed systems, microservices, and software at high scale
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you are a good fit for the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
• Experience operating and supporting production services, understanding of on-call processes
• Experience developing using cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS, GCP) using containers and orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes), managed using infrastructure as code (e.g., Terraform, Ansible)
• Experience with CI/CD pipelines (e.g., Jenkins)
• Experience operating and maintaining live services, including handling emergent issues and on-call troubleshooting
• Understand networking - HTTP down to the network layer (TCP/IP, routing, etc.)
• Understand relational databases like MySQL
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0z431-3-238-98-39-42 in your application.