As Game Designers at Riot, we craft the systems, mechanics, and content that make up a deeply resonant player experience. We explore how to best push the boundaries of that experience to build new and engaging moments for players.
As a Game Design Manager on the Teamfight Tactics team, you will be instrumental in helping to lead a cross-discipline team responsible for the development and delivery of new sets for Teamfight Tactics. Having an understanding of Teamfight Tactics or other deep strategy games will be crucial to understanding what appeals to our players, as well as assisting in the design of a variety of interconnected systems of content to create rewarding decision making experiences. You will design, tweak, and optimize the player experience. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to innovate and iterate player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world. You will report into the Game Director.
• Manage and coach designers on the Teamfight Tactics team
• Ensure that Design on Teamfight Tactics is a highly performing team
• Contribute to the vision for Teamfight Tactic's set design and set mechanics that gives players constant exploration and mastery
• Ensure execution in set gameplay and maintain delivery schedule for multiple large block of champions, traits, and supporting systems.
• 6+ years of experience in professional game design
• Strong understanding of competitive player motivations and audience types
• Have mentored other designers leading to a promotion or substantial positive improvements in their work
• Proven ability to design complex interconnected systems & has previously been the game design owner of multiple projects in parallel and delivered them successfully
• Experience communicating and expressing complex and nuanced designs in simple ways
• Builds strong relationships with non design disciplines to multiply their quality and output and has leadership experience resolving conflict, and when needed, offering difficult feedback with respect and empathy
• Has been a driver on teams towards a healthy culture and higher performance across a range of disciplines to multiply their quality and output
• Experience coaching high-functioning game design teams.
• Strong understanding of TFT gameplay and characters
• Experience with opportunity finding and early stage pitches that cover a broad range of possible approaches
• Can build a structured approach for complex game systems that maintain game quality while minimizing complexity and exploits
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx7owq-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.