Manager, Art Direction (Illustration) - Events, Metagame
On the Events team, we're creating experiences for our players that captivate their imagination, fully immersing them in the world of Runeterra and beyond. Within our Meta Game System, we're able to take players on a journey alongside their favorite League of Legends Champions with Art, Narrative, and Game Design seamlessly interwoven to deliver lasting, resonant adventures to be remembered.
As a Manager, Art Direction (Illustration) for the Meta Game System on the Events Team, you will report to the Art Director, overseeing the visual quality and consistency of all assets for that in-client experience. As a well versed student of pop culture, you will leverage your artistic skillset, along with your understanding of diverse illustrative styles, to lead your team to create character and background art assets that hit Art and Product goals.
• Identify, articulate, instruct and work within different visual styles for character and background illustrations aligned to the art needs of large, cross-Riot events
• Lead the team in creating individual art assets that serve the broad vision of the Meta Game experience
• Direct the look of in-client visual novel assets (characters and backgrounds) that works with the rest of UI elements
• Leverage a deep knowledge for League of Legends IP, especially champion personalities and their relationship dynamics
• Lead multiple internal and external artist, and establish style guides and pipeline
• Provide clear, consistent feedback through verbal instruction and paintovers
• Communicate and collaborate with multiple different initiatives across our League product teams (Art, Narrative, Product Owners, UI, Game Design)
• 5+ years of experience creating professional illustrations
• Extreme proficiency in digital illustration software packages (Adobe CC, Clip Studio Paint, etc.)
• High craft level awareness of varying illustrative styles, with the ability to execute and instruct to those styles
• Deep knowledge and understanding of League of Legends IP including base Runeterra and Alternate Universes (Skin Thematics)
• Knowledge and awareness of gaming trends, especially in the visual novel and gacha genres
• Understanding of UI principles, and how art assets are crafted for overall UI experiences
• Past leadership or management experience
• Experience with the League of Legends tools and pipeline
• Tools experience: have worked in several tools, pipelines, and game engines.
• Experience giving direction and delivering clear, constructive feedback to vendors
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7jqeq-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.