As a Game Designer, you will design and improve the player experience. Your player insight, mechanics expertise, and creativity help create in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will work with interdisciplinary teams, using every tool at hand to design and iterate player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world.
On the League of Legends Champions Team, you will report directly to the Lead Designer. You will work with the Lead Designer and your peers to craft the gameplay of new characters from start to finish. You will work with interdisciplinary teams to bring those characters to life, contributing to and translating feedback to improve player-focused designs that delight millions around the world.
• Own the design process of new champions or updates from start to ship
• Work with a diverse team of developers to create new champions with resonant themes and gameplay
• Openly share work your work, receiving and providing actionable feedback
• Apply deep League of Legends and game design knowledge to find new gameplay spaces
• Use design expertise in mechanics and thematics to create champions that are sustainable and innovative
• Produce technically sound, sustainable scripting for your champion
• 3+ years of experience in professional game design
• Experience working in character gameplay design, with a proven grasp of game mechanics and thematics
• Have owned and implemented features to a high quality bar
• Experience working on interdisciplinary teams to implement complex game designs
• Strong understanding of LoL champion design principles and can apply them
• Extensive League of Legends game knowledge
• Experience translating thematics into game mechanics
• Practiced skill giving detailed mentorship and feedback to other designers on their teams
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7e5qk-44-192-54-67-42 in your application.