DevOps Engineer - TTCG (Contractor)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We're looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you're passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren't afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a DevOps Engineer in Tencent Technology Collaboration Group, you'll work with Central Tech teams closely to bring value to the CN players. This includes working with dev teams to understand the technology/architecture for all services and features we plan to release; You'll hands on deploying Riot Tech products in multiple environment, and make sure the Central Tech products are compatible with the variable CN environment, and ensure smooth landing of features in China; You'll also promote and facilitate any technical discussion between Riot teams, publishing team, and Tencent Teams to achieve mutual agreement.
Tencent Technology Collaboration Group (TTCG) is majorly responsible in two goals:
We're working with Riot Central Tech teams to ship platform/service features to China. It requires us to understand all the tech details of the system and work very closely with our partner Tencent to launch the products within schedule.
We bridge technical communication between Tencent and Riot teams to enhance technology collaboration.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot's collaborative culture in our China offices, we've decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don't really matter at any of Riot's offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won't need a title at Riot to make an impact.
• Align highly autonomous Riot and Tencent teams towards a shared vision and roadmap
• Manage and track development schedules, while mitigating risks and managing tradeoffs
• Ensure that services are deployed and operated in specific environments
• Address the incompatibilities and bring transparency and solutions to the product teams and publishers
• Drive consensus on technical decisions, and ensure teams are staffed for high-quality results
• Write and otherwise document procedures for yourself and others to systematically perform maintenances
• Business fluency in Chinese and English, and can drive effective collaboration across language and culture
• 2+ years experience in a Infrastructure/Software/DevOps/SRE Engineering role
• Bachelors in CS, Math or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
• Clear communication and troubleshooting skills
• Strong technical acumen and problem-solving skills
• 10% travel to Riot & Tencent offices in Shanghai and LAX
• Hands-on experience with dockers, kubernetes, microservice, continuous integration & deployment flow
• Experience with Linux system, Network, services, virtualization, database solutions.
• Background in backend services, operations, or infrastructure preferably in the space of high-reliability systems.
• Experience collaborating with cross culture collaboration
Don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Employment Type: employment contract with Fesco Adecco, a professional personnel company in China.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq51z6-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.