As a Creative Advisor on the IP Management team, you will serve as a creative partner within the IP Strategy team and collaborate with product leadership creatives across Riot (live games, games in development, film/tv shows, consumer products, music, marketing campaigns, etc). This role reports to the Director of IP Management within IP Strategy.
The IP Management team is a central part of the IP Strategy team, which works to support all product teams at Riot, unlocking Riot's ability to effectively collaborate on resonant, coherent, impactful stories that delight fans across the world. Specifically, IP Management works with product teams across Riot to align storytelling and create opportunities for products to build on one another. IPM is primary to creating a story ecosystem for Riot, Rioters, and Players that will deepen relationships with our worlds, stories, and champions.
The ideal candidate for this role is driven to achieve excellence in creative world-building and is an all-star collaborator who loves the creative process and working with other creative minds. You find building trust with others comes easily and deeply enjoy teamwork. You have a strategic mind for creating systems that unlock understanding within a fictional world, and have created such systems before. You will be a thought-partner for creative teams, starting in early development phases and in prescribed periods of the development process, to ensure that IP consistency is a primary factor of creative ideation. In addition, you will provide insight to cross-collaboration opportunities within the IP, lend support to the IP Management team in creating and communicating IP strategy, and identify existing foundational resources to be used as well as the need for their creation. You'll strengthen the IP by advocating for a centralized universe, while also nurturing a sense of flexibility within the IP so that we can push the limits on our storytelling in ways that will delight our fans and players.
Partner with one or more internal teams (games, film/TV, marketing, R&D, etc) to:
• Collaborate and communicate regularly with the product's creative leadership
• Actively participate in and review development work to ensure alignment with IP Strategy
• Work with product team Creatives to develop creative IP solutions.
• Understand IP needs and communicate them back to IPS
• Have (or develop) a deep knowledge of the area of the IP that the product team is working in
• Evangelize and connect products to IPS Tools and relevant Creative Foundations artifacts
• Understand, apply, and communicate Riot's IP Strategy and Consistency framework, as well as Core Truths to product team partners.
IP Management Responsibilities:
• Identify IP clash and collaboration opportunities across products
• With Director of IPM, facilitate cross-team communication and collaboration with other IP Partners that ensures complementary story development within the IP
• Work with IPS leadership to facilitate negotiations between stakeholders that result in story agreements which elevate Riot's IP
• Support escalation & resolution with IPS Leads
IP Strategy Responsibilities:
• Act as an ambassador to the IP in all interactions inside and outside of Riot
• Contribute to development of ''core truth'' methodology
• Contribute to development of ip consistency framework
• Identify opportunities for IP foundational development (narrative and/or art) and relay them to back IPS leaders.
• When appropriate, assist the Creative Foundation team by generating narrative or art assets (dependent on skillset) to create internal resource materials.
• 2+ years experience marshaling Brand Strategy and/or Franchise Management
• 3+ years developing stories in multiple mediums (film/tv, games, marketing, theater, etc.)
• 3+ years experience working with teams with varying skillsets and levels - intern through senior management - and the ability to communicate with each successfully
• Ability to lead teams through conflict to positive resolution
• Experience with strategic and big-picture thinking
• Proven ability to solve complex problems
• Ability to build trust across a team
• Strong aptitude for thinking outside the box
• Ability to remain calm and objective in emotionally-charged situations
• Highly collaborative - a ''team player'' at your core
• Experience driving fandom in another IP
• Fluent in Mandarin
• Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb5vqy-44-192-114-32-42 in your application.