Product Lead - eSports
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it is for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We are looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you are passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, are not afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints. That is where you come in.
We are seeking a driven licensing leader to oversee our Consumer Products (CP) licensing business in Southeast Asia (SEA) which includes Philippines, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Taiwan, and Hong Kong. The CP Licensing Lead, SEA will develop and execute the strategy for growing Riot's licensing business in SEA. This role will be responsible for the overall go-to-market approach for licensing out our intellectual properties (IP) including League of Legends and other content in development. Working in close collaboration with the Global CP leadership in LA, local Riot SEA teams, and external partners, you will build and scale Riot's IP physical presence in SEA through licensing.
• Lead all aspects of Riot Games' consumer products licensing business in SEA. This will include developing a holistic local licensing strategy, sourcing resonant partners, negotiating favorable deals, planning launch and promotional campaigns, managing go-to-market execution, and reporting results.
• Advance Riot's overall CP goals of significantly growing our physical products' breadth, reach and access through licensing under close collaboration with the Global CP team in LA
• Partner with key stakeholders in SEA and globally across League of Legends, new games, Esports Leagues, other IP content, and CP to develop and execute local SEA consumer product licensing roadmap
• Build out a robust pipeline of licensing opportunities and represent Riot's Consumer Products business in local trade shows and other external consumer products business development efforts in SEA
• Maintain an understanding of SEA's physical product space including licensing trends, consumer tastes, market dynamics and competitors activities.
• Experienced: ~7-9 years or above of licensing experience, with multiple years of direct licensing leadership for major IP franchises in SEA.
• A Well-Rounded Licensing Leader: Equally at ease setting licensing strategy and vision or rolling up your operator sleeves to drive results. You have grown consumer products through licensing and have direct experience with all aspects of licensing (i.e., sourcing partners, negotiating contracts, approving products, managing go-to-market plans etc.) for a major IP in SEA.
• An Organizational Navigator: Capable of navigating complex organization with diverse goals across countries and functions. You are recognized for driving alignment and momentum with a reputation for cultivating positive relationships with external and internal partners.
• Global vision with SEA insights: Understand Riot's global consumer products vision and roadmap, and build out SEA's licensing strategies to support these goals by incorporating a deep understanding of SEA (e.g., licensing partners, product categories, consumer trends etc.)
• Ambitious: You thrive in dynamic, entrepreneurial environments and embrace taking risks and challenging convention in order to drive creative outcomes
• Empathetic and player focused: You have a visceral understanding of what it means to love an IP and appreciate the care and nuance required to serve Riot's highly engaged player community effectively
• Diversity: Being able to work in a multi-language environment and partner with people from different cultures & backgrounds. Fluent English + SEA language (preferably Chinese) is a must.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.