The Strategic Advisory Department houses a collection of teams who lead revenue strategy development across the company, develop essential business insights for improved decision making, measure overall company performance, conduct strategic financial analysis, drive corporate development (things like mergers and acquisitions), and orchestrate Riot's Strategic Planning and Forecasting process
As Business Strategist on the China Strategic Advisory team, you'll join a dedicated team committed to becoming the most player-focused game company in the world. You share our focus on player experience, rejection of convention, and intense passion for gaming. Specifically, you will take care of strategy and insights initiatives for CN Regional and support to ensure the whole office is equipped with decision-making support. You'll identify areas where strategy and insights can help improve outcomes and be more player-informed.
The role would focus on the team agenda while taking into account the central product road map, CN's goals, publishing plans, and developing the team's analytics ability. The role would also grow the team to support the future vision of CN and may include the tracking/measuring of content measurements, creating a holistic analysis and attribution platform and creating relevant dashboards for the leadership team.
Business Planning & Reporting
• Support Pillar lead to develop CN's Objective and OKRs, by taking global vision and local context into account
• Based on the comprehensive understanding on specific pillar and industry, develop holistic and detailed strategy based on OKRs, working closely with pillar leaders to break down and cascade OKRs
• Follow up and track strategic initiatives and be facilitator to solve the problem; Measure the results of execution, identify key learnings, and evolve the initiatives to deliver greater value to players
• Communicate insights and strategic recommendations to other teams, fueling their ideation and decision making
• Conduct monthly and quarterly business update and reviews, and communicate to related stakeholders
• Develop written document or presentation for CEO or senior leaders
SPF (Strategic Planning and Forecasting)
• Co-lead with finance team on SPF practice, support and coordinate with pillar leader to translate their strategy to financial planning, balance the ambition and constraint, and communicate with central
• Follow up and track the actual phasing and do the adjustments if applicable
Research and Innovative Project Incubation
• Collect and analyze complex data, field research cross-reference analysis, and run tests to build and validate hypotheses and more deeply understand our audience and their behaviors
• Design and conduct primary research, applying quantitative and qualitative research methods
• Support other key projects of strategic significance;research, develop and execute new strategic initiatives and relevant experimental projects in China as special task force
• Esports reporting - SPF and reforecasts, BD deal tracker, cost tracking for international events hosted in China, viewership data, events calendar, etc
• Event P/L management - tracking P/L performance of each individual event
• Receipt and payment facilitation, including working with procurement team on setting up RFP processes and processing payments through procurify
• Event / administrative coordination for Riot - e.g. Spring split finals tickets, event passes, VIP box allocation, slack channel access, etc
• Managing esports digital contract and payments with pro-teams
• Bachelor's degree, Bilingual
• 6+ yrs of related working experience
• Passionate about games and Esports; able to empathize with the joys and plights of players
• Strong communication, presentation, and networking skills
• Experience in strategy planning, business planning, or consulting
• Experience preparing written reports for an executive audience
• Professional experience in eSports, and sports, or video games
• Experience on accounting and financial planning
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzp0z2-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.