Associate Software Engineer - Legends of Runeterra (Contract)
Legends of Runeterra's (LoR) Personalization & Metagame Systems (PXM) is the team that transforms LoR from an exciting game into a hobby and lifestyle for our players. We help players learn the ropes, provide players with ways to track their long term goals through quests, events, ranked play, and by providing them ways to personalize their experience. In this role, you will help us to integrate our visual assets into the game, as well as creating tools to make this process more efficient.
• Integrate visual assets prepared by the Visual Design team into the game engine (Unity)
• Iterate on UI improvements, restructuring prefabs, making them more efficient
• Build tooling that allows for easier implementation and iteration in engine for Artists.
• Serve as a technical consultant for Visual Design and UX.
• 1+ year of professional experience with Unity
• 1+ year of professional experience as an engineer, displaying solid OO design with Java, C++, or C#
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or comparable field
• Mobile Unity Development experience
• Passion for the CCG Genre
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1oe6x-3-236-222-124-42 in your application.