Senior Software Engineer - Riot Game Operations
Los Angeles, CA
The Insights discipline helps empower Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for players around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of players is critical to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
As an Analyst II, you'll join the Insights discipline – the group of researchers, analysts, data scientists, and strategists responsible for solving problems and executing analyses that enable Rioters to make difficult decisions with confidence. You'll be part of an interdisciplinary team and work closely with Rioters from other disciplines (designers, artists, producers, etc.) to conduct studies and analyses that'll inform the features, systems, and experiences of our products. Your background in data analysis and strategic decision-making will ensure that you're an effective advocate for players and can provide strategic mentorship about their wants, needs, and behaviors.
As an Analyst II on VALORANT, you will be working with the Platform Extensions team, supporting the development of the mobile version of VALORANT. You will identify and execute on analytics opportunities to support the development of VALORANT mobile -- from prototyping through launch and live service. This role emphasizes using quantitative analysis -- including supporting generation and implementation of telemetry, developing quantitative models of product health, and generating foundational reporting and dashboards – to shape the experience of VALORANT on a new platform. If you're looking to leverage your analytics toolkit and collaborate with designers and product owners to craft resonant multiplatform experiences, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
• Partner with product teams to generate frameworks and insights that craft guide the development of the mobile version of VALORANT
• Identify the most impactful product questions and partner with data and engineering to implement the telemetry necessary to answer those questions
• Build targeted, actionable analyses and visualizations to answer the team's most pressing questions
• Leverage your storytelling skills to effectively share your results with other Rioters
• Invest in building competence in traditional user research techniques (survey design, player labs) to support a small, cross-functional Insights team
• BA in Economics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Management Information Systems or a related discipline
• Minimum of two years professional work experience analyzing large data sets, visualizing information, and informing company strategy
• Expertise in SQL
• Graduate degree or meaningful work experience in consulting, consumer insights or product strategy
• Advanced in Excel, Powerpoint, and/or Tableau
• Experience working on a AAA game is preferred
• Previous analyst experience on mobile games
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5zy1e-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.