Visual Designer (Star Wars Team)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.
Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
We're looking for a highly skilled Visual Designer who will embrace our culture and share his/her hard earned expertise to create a great experience for our players. The ideal candidate for this role is an artist and a designer who values interaction design and prioritizes the player experience above everything else, with a wide skill set including strong typography and layout, illustration and iconography, color theory and branding.
What you'll do...
• Create game menus, HUD elements, in-world graphic design, logos, iconography systems, and motion graphics.
• Work closely with the Lead UI/UXDesigner and other departments such as game design, code, audio, and animation to create beautiful looking UI and graphic design elements that complement what the rest of the team is creating.
Ideally, you'll have...
• 4+ years' experience as a UI Designer, Visual Designer or Graphic Designer. Shipped AAA game/s preferred but open to relevant level of experience outside of games.
• Well-rounded portfolio showcasing your work. Portfolio should show quality, taste, and an eye for modern, innovative, and aesthetically appealing graphic design work.
• Experience with designing menus, user interfaces, logos, and/or other visual displays for games, movies, or websites, etc.
• Strong graphic design and 2D art skills.
• Strong with Illustrator, Photoshop, and ideally Adobe XD with a good knowledge of vector art.
• Major bonus points: passion and experience in motion graphics and UI animation.
• Collaborative and proactive. Strong work ethic, ability to produce high quality artwork with little supervision.
• Comfortable offering and receiving critique in feedback/review sessions, as well as the ability to self-critique.
• Passion for making and playing games.
• Knowledge of ''best in class'' UI/UX systems across multiple game genres.
• Experience with rapid prototyping to achieve a desired visual style
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8v83-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.