Senior UI/UX Designer (Star Wars Team)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.
Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
We're looking for a highly skilled Senior UI/UX Designer who will embrace our culture and share his/her hard earned expertise to create the user interface and experience for our players. We're picturing someone who is passionate about UI functionality and UX design, and who can realize the ''flow'' to help guide our players through attractive but clear menus and options to create a seamless, easy to navigate gaming experience.
What you'll do…
• Help design the best pathways to guide players through menus and options easily.
• Work closely with all disciplines – code, design, audio, animation, FX – to create optimal UI/UX.
• Serve as an expert advocate for improving the design of the UI tool set & workflow.
• Ensure designs are optimized and implemented into the game engine.
• Be forward thinking and proactive in terms of finding ways to improve the design of the game's UI across the board with minimal direction.
• You will create and iterate on UI mockups for many different menus and systems for the game, extending the design system established by the UI team.
• Embody pragmatic game development values, such as prioritization and making hard trade-offs and choices.
• Uphold Respawn's core value of putting gameplay first..
• Mentor other designers and lead by example.
Ideally, you will have…
• 5+ years' professional experience in UX/UI or Visual Design for games.
• A strong portfolio with examples of finished work and insight into your development style and process.
• A passion for gaming and an understanding of what is best in class UX across multiple genres.
• Experience implementing UI/UX into a game engine, ideally Unreal Engine with in-depth expertise in UMG.
• An understanding of the connections between UI functionality and UI aesthetics, and how to maximize impact for the benefit of gamers.
• An aggressive problem-solving aptitude and can take ownership & responsibility.
• Strong technical skills & knowledge, and are comfortable with getting into the guts of a game engine.
• The ability to analyze metrics or other feedback methods to evaluate and improve your work post-launch.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! You can read more about these at respawn.com/perks.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwne5k-54-224-117-125-42 in your application.