Senior Hard Surface Artist (Star Wars Team)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.
Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
We're looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Senior Hard Surface Artist who will embrace our philosophy and share his/her hard earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players. We're picturing someone who loves modeling everything hard surface (vehicles, guns, props, etc.) and cares deeply about functionality, with in-depth knowledge and passion for how mechanical things work. In addition to creating high quality, believable models, the ideal candidate for this position has a flair for elegant texturing – i.e., you think carefully about where to place wear and scratches, and you use just the right amount. If this sounds like you, we're looking forward to seeing your resume!
What you'll do…
• Create highly detailed and believable 3D models and textures for various hard surface assets such as vehicles, droids, props and weapons.
• Help set or maintain the quality bar for hard surface art efforts, create and adhere to art schedule and deliver assets on time.
• Help establish or improve upon pipelines with innovative ideas and experience.
• Adhere to overall art direction and vision. Ensure that assets fit artistically into the environment and overall look/feel of game.
• Participate in research and development.
• Conduct research for reference materials to help ensure accuracy to vision.
• Help perpetuate a feedback culture. Provide and welcome artistic feedback from leads and teammates, regardless of experience.
Ideally, you'll have…
• A passion for the Star Wars universe
• 7+ years' professional game development experience. Record of success creating art for major titles desired. (Experience in film industry is considered relative experience.)
• Experience with PBR compliant material workflows
• Portfolio of highly detailed 3D art with a focus on hard surface. Both modeling and texturing skills should be showcased.
• Portfolio should show quality, taste, and the ability to hit a photorealistic/believable look.
• Mastery of standard art packages such as Maya/MAX/Blender, Photoshop, Substance Painter and Zbrush/3DCoat.
• Strong understanding of scale, proportion, and surface properties.
• Experience working with a game engine and implementing 3D work into engine.
• Technical savvy with UE4, specifically materials and shaders are a major plus.
• Vehicle Art background a major plus
• Character modeling skills a major plus.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvkmkn-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.