Senior Sound Designer (Star Wars)
Respawn Entertainment is looking for an experienced Senior Sound Designer who will embrace our culture and share their hard-earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players. We're picturing someone who is passionate about the Star Wars™ Universe, with experience with memorable aural experiences and a knack for making worlds come alive. If this sounds like you, please send us your resume along with a link to your sound design reel!
What you'll do...
• Design unique and compelling sound assets for the game (including effects, ambience, foley, creatures)
• Implement audio assets directly into Unreal, creating an interactive top-notch audio experience for the player.
• Plan field recording trips and foley sessions. Look for opportunities to record unique sounds.
• Help manage outsourcing, giving feedback and communicating any necessary information to partners.
• Design cinematics in 7.1, either from scratch or working with external contractors.
• Follow the audio schedule, audio naming conventions, and workflow standards and establish new ones.
• Work with the sound design lead to help establish the audio vision.
• Give useful, applicable feedback on audio assets. Share expertise with the team.
• Help manage the Wwise project, optimizing memory and cpu usage.
• Work with departments outside of audio to ensure we are supporting the vision for the game.
• Troubleshoot and help fix audio bugs. Help QA with best practices for testing audio. Test game on various platforms.
• You will not compose music in this role. Music editing and implementation may be required from time to time as part of the role.
Ideally, you will have…
• 5+ years' experience in a Sound Designer role for video games.
• Shipped at least one AAA title, working as part of an in-house audio team from start to finish.
• Strong, demonstrable sound design and editing skills. Experience with field recording, foley, as well as dialogue recording, processing and editing.
• Experience implementing game audio using Wwise (required). Knowledge of Unreal and audio implementation using blueprints
• Mastery of audio software e.g. Reaper, Soundminer, iZotope RX.
• Passion for audio.
• Passion for games.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5ym7-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.