Los Angeles, CA
Development Director (Star Wars Team)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry. You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
Working with our teams across Quality Assurance, Quality Engineering, and your Development partners, you will ensure the quality verification strategy is supported by the correct structure and skills, while building an organization focused on upstream bug prevention using technology.
As the senior member of the QV team in Chatsworth reporting to the Head of Respawn QA, you will be a member of the Respawn QV leadership team and will provide your insight and experience (with a QA lens) on how we will achieve product quality.
What you'll do:
• Work with the QV DPD and Studio leadership to establish location-specific goals, QA strategies and ensure plans, quality, and budget.
• Build a QA plan for the product, integrating QA Analysts focused on Defect Prevention & Containment and Offsite QA, providing Blackbox test coverage and Beta testing.
• Work with Development to establish the needs and build a solid Quality Engineering discipline to support the quality tool and automation needs for the project.
• Establish methods for Grey/White box testing on appropriate features/tools.
• Plan pre-integration content testing strategies.
• Champion ''Player First'' and be an advocate for the player in everything we do.
• Guide the use of Automation and Tools within QA.
• Work to build capacity and budgetary requirements for QA covering staffing costs throughout the organization and maintain project cost tracking actuals and forecast.
• Track existing and create new metrics to measure the project and the impact of process improvements and identify patterns and new solutions.
• Balance the need for testing with the imperative of ongoing iteration of the product for our players during Live Service support phases
What you bring:
• Track record building well-performing teams.
• Knowledge of software development and QA processes.
• Experience working with or managing distributed and remote teams.
• A dynamic approach to management, always looking for new ways to approach a problem or your responsibilities.
• University degree education in a relevant domain.
• 3 or more years of QA leadership experience or ability to apply experience to a similar context.
• Project Management and Agile methodology awareness are necessary.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.