LEAD TOOLS ENGINEER
What You'll Do
Psyonix is looking for a Lead Tools Engineer who is passionate about mentoring others, developing test automation pipelines, and working with game developers to design and implement Unreal tools and features to improve studio efficiency and capability . You will lead a team of engineers focusing on the development of content pipeline tools and automated test solutions for Unreal Engine, with an emphasis on Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) principles. If you are passionate about utilizing automation to improve quality, performance, test coverage, and developer efficiency then we'd love to talk with you!
In This Role You Will
• Lead a team of tools & automation engineers focusing on automated test solutions and Unreal Engine workflow optimization.
• Provide coaching/mentorship as needed to other engineers
• Work with engineers & artists on the development teams for Rocket League, Rocket League Sideswipe, and other projects to ensure features are implemented as testable units
• Act as a vision holder for maintaining a ''testable software'' mentality at Psyonix
• Contribute unique ideas toward designing or extending automation frameworks and tools
• Implement automation tests around key editor and engine systems and features
• Work with users to understand friction in their workflows and proactively identify and architect improvements
What We're Looking For
• Proven experience leading an engineering team in the games or content creation industry
• Focused experience developing automation/performance tools
• Familiarity with an existing game engine (UE 4/5) with an understanding of game engine and editor concepts
• Strong collaborator that provides, solicits, and accepts feedback constructively
• Strong skills in C++ and/or C# and experience with scripting languages (Python)
• SQL/NoSQL Databases are a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm8zb3-44-197-230-180-42 in your application.