Senior Program Manager, Video Engineering/ DRM
West Hollywood, CA
About The Brand
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Overview and Responsibilities
The first commercial television set was introduced in 1928 and has been largely unchanged since! For the first time in history, TV is changing big time! As a Senior Software Engineer on the front-end web team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate on television and reinvent TV. You'll be challenged to add and experiment with first-class features. Your work will have direct impact on people and drive toward our goal of entertaining the planet.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, Video you will mentor a group of developers, attend planning meetings, help groom backlogs, and work closely with partners to ensure accurate updates to projects. In this role you will be considered a specialist in your area and will help build an Over-the-Top (OTT) software platform designed to stream video for some of the biggest broadcasters in the world. These contributions will be split across fixing bugs & tech debt, implementing features, architecture considerations, and most importantly team mentoring & maintenance.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Solid experience with NodeJS for Backend
• Experience with GoLang including knowledge of migration/refactoring to GoLang
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Technical leadership skills
• Ability to ensure issues are discussed before they become problems.
• Direct conversations and ensure criticism remains positive and constructive.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, Cloudformation, Kubernetes, Helm
• Git, Github/Gitlab/BitBucket/Similar
• Jenkins, Circleci, Ansible, Salt, etc
• Microservices Architecture (API Gateways, Bulkheads Circuit Breakers)
• Video (FFMPeg and Transcoding, HLS & DASH)
• Performance, Optimization, & Monitoring (Flame Charts, Apache Bench, Charles Proxy - Profiling and Benchmarking; Splunk, SolarWinds, Conviva, New Relic, SignalFX and Associated Agents - statsd, Smart Agents, etc)
• Define and tracking SLO/SLI - Error Budget
Pluto TV is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies.