Sr. Technical Manager
New York, NY
Overview and Responsibilities
As a Senior Software Engineer, iOS, you will have the opportunity to directly help enhance the video streaming experience of our large and expanding mobile customer base. This role will get the chance to take on complex and interesting problems as part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative team. We are constantly evaluating and adapting the latest and greatest on the iOS/tvOS platforms and there's always something new to learn!
• Hands on software development on the Apple iOS platform that drives multiple applications for some of the most popular global entertainment brands
• Design, develop, test, deploys new applications as well as maintaining, integrating and improving existing applications
• Work with the product team to understand and deliver on their requirements
• Lead individual project priorities, deadlines and work.
• Participate in preparing business cases, requirements documents and product roadmaps for the Apple platform.
• Attend and participate in meetings and multi-disciplinary committees as required
• Prepare architectural diagrams and technical specifications for the engineering team to deliver high quality, maintainable software
• Represent coding standard methodologies through sharing your expertise, performing code reviews, and mentoring engineers
• Experience programming in Objective-C or Swift
• Experience using XCode
• Experience following and implementing software design patterns.
• Able to work with multiple scrum teams in an agile process.
• Experience with unit testing, test driven development, branching patterns and continuous integration / deployment
• 3+ years experience developing Apple Applications
• Have shipped one or more apps to the Apple AppStore.
• Be an advocate for high quality software and excellent user experiences
• Good interpersonal skills with ability to facilitate conversations with business partners in project definition, business requirements definition and functional design sessions.
• Eye for quality and user experience
• Translate business objectives into software requirementsFamiliarity with RxJava or other reactive frameworks
• Experience developing for Apple TV
• Experience working across multiple interdisciplinary teams
• Experience working with globally distributed teams
About The Brand
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.