Overview and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join the PlutoTV team! In this meaningful role, you will use advanced statistical methods to proactively decipher business problems for the supported business unit.
This role will be supporting one or more of the following groups: Marketing, Distribution, Revenue, Engineering, Entertainment, Retention, and Innovation. This role will be part of the Business Intelligence team and will be reporting to the Head of Data Science, Analytics, and Data Engineering.
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Building models (e.g. content scoring, revenue attribution, etc.)
• Servicing multiple ad hoc requests in a timely manner
• Providing data analysis and recommendations to the business group to make significantly more data directed decisions
• Supporting the business group by building and proactively suggesting reports and dashboards that would be useful for that group
• Using A/B and Multivariate testing methodology for product and feature improvements.
• Ensuring regularity and standardization in data, metrics, and analysis
• 4+ years of commercial experience in a data scientist role (as opposed to data analyst role)
• Masters or PhD degree in Statistics, Math, Economics, Computer Science or equivalent
• Expertise in statistical data mining techniques (ie GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, Text Mining, Social Network Analysis, etc)
• Comfortable questioning and challenging customers to understand their requirements to reach the best solutions
• Expertise in SQL and Tableau, D3 or similar data visualization products (PowerBI, MicroStrategy, Looker, etc.)
• Strong scripting skills, particularly in Python (as opposed to SQL scripting) in order pull data from SQL and non-SQL sources
• Experience and comfort working with unstructured/non-standardized data
• Experience as an analyst or data scientist in one or more of the following domains strongly preferred: Marketing, Distribution, Revenue, Customer Retention, Engineering, and/or Entertainment
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88eqx-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.