Business Analyst, Content & Programming
West Hollywood, CA
Overview and Responsibilities
The Director, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) will contribute towards optimizing the growth and performance of Pluto TV's finance organization by supporting executive decision-making, planning, and global consolidations of the free-streaming product of ViacomCBS.
This newly created role will be a good fit for a high energy candidate with exceptional quantitative, communication, and project management skills.
This is a meaningful role to our team with a wide range of responsibilities, including the following:
• Consolidated Reporting & Long-range Planning: Augmenting existing multi-year reporting processes to ensure accurate global financial planning and analytics. Collaborating with cross-functional teams to craft and distribute dashboards, monitor business performance, and analyze business drivers.
• Cash-flow planning: Provide accurate cash-flow planning and reporting, and manage the organization's capital spending.
• International/ Global Financial Analysis : Responsible for the consolidation, review and analysis of global financial/KPI dashboarding. Act as the key partner for all international technology product/technology/marketing spend.
• Cross-functional Allocations: Collaborating with technology, marketing, and FP&A to execute on complex KPI driven allocations across over 28 global markets including but not limited to inter/intra company cross-charges and forecasts.
• Business Planning : Generating recurring financial and KPI forecasts for areas under purview. This will require working closely with finance leads and FP&A of Pluto TV and across ViacomCBS corporate.
• Leadership : This role will build-out then manage a team of 1-4 while requiring a high degree of individual contribution.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in the role:
• 8+ years of related work experience with at least 5 years in a Finance leadership role. A strong background in advertising revenue within streaming or ad-supported businesses a plus.
• Bachelor's degree, advanced degree or certification (e.g.: CPA, CMA,MBA) a plus.
• Advanced financial modeling and presentation skills.
• Exceptional analytical skills with prior experience working with complex datasets, allocation matrixes, and consolidations.
• Proficiency in financial systems (ERP/EMP) and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Alteryx) with a willingness (and quick ability) to learn new software. Basic querying proficiency preferred.
• Global finance experience with a strong understanding of GAAP/IFRS.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills - be able to handle and synthesize large datasets to deliver critical insights in an easy-to-digest format for management and external partners.
• Business Model development and Forecasting abilities with prior experience working on capital planning and or deal reviews and submissions.
• Takes a team-centric/mentorship approach to people management.