We are searching for a VFX Manager! This role will supervise the VFX department and help maintain the quality and artistic consistency of the department by upholding high visual standards set by the Art Director. This role is also responsible for the career management, training, and well-being of our VFX team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Works closely with Art Director to maintain quality and style consistent across all visual effects.
• Provides direction to visual effects artists for aesthetic and technical considerations.
• Works closely with the design and gameplay teams to produce visual effects that support gameplay, accessibility, and the user experience.
• Works closely with the Tool and Engine team to develop new or improve upon old technologies to improve visual effect quality.
• Works closely with art and animation teams to produce spectacle cinematic moments and support game narrative.
• Works with Project Management to maintain a clear and consistent schedule.
• Works to develop the skills of other Visual Effects Artists.
• Participates in the planning for a project's visual effects.
• Works with other departments to ensure that assets are delivered in a timely manner.
• Supervise bug distribution and verify bug fixes.
• Ensures that all complaints and concerns related to inappropriate or unprofessional conduct in the workplace, are addressed immediately to foster a safe work environment.
• Other duties may apply
Supervisory Responsibilities: Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience: 8+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience working with Maya and visual effects packages, proficient working with joints and locators, keyframing, rigid body simulations.
• Advanced understanding of complex node-based shader networks such as those used in Unreal Engine 4, Houdini, etc.
• Proficient in Photoshop for painting and editing textures. Knowledge of other visual effects software a plus.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please submit a resume, cover letter, and portfolio for consideration. We look forward to reviewing your submission!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2yp76-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.