Sr. Product Manager, Machine Learning
San Diego, CA:
PlayStation's Machine Learning team powers intelligent and delightful customer experiences on PlayStation consoles, websites and mobile.
Located in San Francisco, the team is passionate about gaming and ML, as well as being friendly, encouraging, and inclusive. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager who can continue to build and improve the PlayStation ML platform. In this role you will work as part of a team, innovating on the existing ML experience and defining what comes next for PlayStation customers around the world.
This Senior Product Manager will be responsible for defining requirements and setting the direction for the ML platform, with a view to enabling experience teams across PlayStation to activate insights to personalize and enrich the consumer experience. The ideal candidate is a Product Management professional who brings innovative products to the market and has the technical background necessary to partner with a variety of product, engineering and data science teams.
You should be passionate about machine learning technology, big data platforms, and the application of data forward techniques across the product lifecycle. You will have developed outstanding product management skills. You anchor your decisions in strategy and defend them with data, and you thrive in an active and highly ambitious environment. This is a high impact role that demonstrates strong technical and business skills to deliver innovative features for our customers and partners across the entire PlayStation platform.
• Develop a deep understanding of the needs of ML from PlayStation teams and partners
• Own, develop, maintain, and evangelize the product roadmap for Machine Learning @ PlayStation
• Propose and present future product innovations for the Machine Learning platform
• Input into the Data Platform Product Management Lead as part of the wider product data strategy
• Engage at a detailed technical level to drive product requirements
• Drive feature prioritization, process improvements, and product development direction
• Define success metrics and SLAs on the key data products and services
• Perform User Acceptance Testing and ensure requirements were understood and implemented as requested
• Proactively provide customer and business context to engineering teams
• Establish SME status relative to the ML and provide insights into market trends
• Drive collaboration across all PlayStation Machine Learning Teams to align on company wide ML initiatives
Required Qualifications, Skills, & Experience:
• 4+ years of experience in product management or in with a focus on the application of big data and machine learning
• Strong analytical abilities and experience with data informed product design and decision making (including where ML should and shouldn't be leveraged)
• Excellent communicator able to articulate the value of ML techniques to stakeholders across the organization
• Good understanding of the ethical issues that surround Machine Learning and its application
• Experience in working with a wide array of partners across organizations, including sales, marketing, data scientists, and related functions
• An ambitious self-starter who deals well with ambiguity
• Strong, influential cross-functional team leader
• Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work independently
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpjnpe-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.