Camera Layout Artist
San Diego, CA
Sr. Mobile Gameplay Designer
San Diego Studio
PlayStation has an exciting opportunity! We seek a Sr. Mobile Gameplay Designer to join our MLB The Show development team. The right person will be cognizant of top design trends, is a self-starter with the ability to bring their own creative perspective and is capable of crafting first class experiences.
Here, you will design advanced moment-to moment gameplay, including movement mechanics and environmental interaction (e.g., base running), interactions requiring high speed responsiveness and related UI (e.g., hitting), interactions requiring tactical choices coupled with real-time interactions (e.g., pitching) and associated feedback systems that facilitate understanding of outcomes from user input in scenarios stated. If this is you please apply!
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams including product development, UI/UX design, artists, and engineering to define, design and implement fun and innovative gameplay.
• Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, and prototypes to effectively communicate gameplay and design ideas.
• Present designs to peers and partners while clearly communicating design rationale.
• Visually and verbally articulate design decisions to teammates both within and outside of the team project.
• Establish and promote standard methodologies, and share these with other cross-functional teams.
• Conceptualize new gameplay, as needed, in order to raise the bar within established IP.
• Scope work to fit within finish dates and deliver on time.
• Research and experiment with new implementation and creation techniques.
• Professional work history (outside of academia) as a Mobile Gameplay Designer.
• Possess a strong portfolio that demonstrates your Gameplay design abilities.
• Be up to date with the latest Gameplay Design trends, techniques and technology.
• Experience creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, visual designs, and prototypes as well as clear documentation.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• A passionate interest in the sport of baseball.
Nice to have:
• Any exposure to Sports video games.
• Prior exposure to any game titles with live content.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.