Associate Business Operations Manager
San Mateo, CA
Sr. Manager of Business Operations & Strategy (Competitive Gaming)
San Mateo, CA
Competitive Gaming is an exciting and burgeoning space within the landscape of gaming. As one of the leaders of the gaming industry, PlayStation is focused on the esports business both regionally and globally as a part of the strategic outlook on the future of gaming.
• The Sr. Manager of Business Operations & Strategy will oversee all the Esports and Competitive Gaming Team Budget Tracking and reporting.
• Liaise with Finance department to correctly categorize, allocate, and report cost categories
• Monthly reporting/flash
• Deliver annual budget summary based on forecasting model – revenue/opportunity forecast and operational support forecast (overhead – headcount, vendors, overhead, etc.)
• Evaluate strategic landscape and identify opportunity areas for PlayStation in eSports
• Analyze opportunities for partnership/investment/acquisition (sponsorship, content, content creators, leagues, technologies, etc.) and provide recommendations to team and senior leadership
• Coordinate with other internal SIE teams to advance eSports initiatives
• Will work with the Esports leadership team on ongoing strategy analysis and presentations for future planning and growth.
• Provide insights and feedback through data to improve operational and customer experiences.
• Will be responsible for managing the contract process for partners and vendors
• 7+ years of experience in corporate strategy, financial planning, analysis, and business operations/accounting
• Extremely proficient with Excel and maintain complex spreadsheets
• Ability to work with extensive data set and system savvy
• Understanding accounting month-end process and ability to provide responses backed by data to executive questions
• Experience with budgeting and forecasting is highly preferred
• Detail-oriented and demonstrated effective communication with cross-functional teams
• Interest in Esports and gaming
• MBA preferred
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.