Staff Gameplay Programmer
Remote / Virtual
At Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation, we are obsessed with providing customers a seamless experience in our platform both inside and outside the game. We have recently launched PlayStation Direct, an online store where PlayStation fans can purchase consoles, accessories, games and more directly from PlayStation. As we continue to build and expand this online platform for physical goods, we are looking for an experienced Engineering manager who can own key areas, define the engineering vision and build the future state. You have previously built and led strong teams of hardworking engineers and you enjoy working with exceptional people. You will be responsible for your services and be able to make tough product decisions that balance contending priorities.
• Leading, coaching, mentoring and encouraging a dedicated team of Software engineers to architect, build, deploy and support best-in-class software that are always available to provide the best experience for our customers.
• Collaborate across business units and product teams to develop and execute against the team's vision, strategy, and roadmap.
• Handle day-to-day activities of engineering team using Agile/Scrum methodology. Prioritize work for your team, making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software.
• Provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code review, and ultimately be responsible for the health of the systems your team builds.
• Participate in interviewing, hiring decisions, on-boarding, and mentoring of new engineers with the goal of quickly making them productive members of your team.
• Develop a team culture of ownership that reinforces the core values of PlayStation.
• 10+ years of experience in Software development
• 3+ years of experience managing a team of software engineers
• The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
• Knowledge of industry best practices for building large scale and highly reliable consumer applications
• Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent judgment, organizational and problem-solving skills
• Experience in deploying, operating, and running software in AWS or other cloud environment.
• Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
• BS or Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Experience in SAP Commerce Cloud AKA Hybris.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.