- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Software Engineer, Contract
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for a front end software engineer to join our established team in Madison, WI. We apply web technologies to the core user experience on the web, PlayStation®4 and beyond, which millions of customers around the world interact with daily. The ideal candidate will come from an object oriented development background and be passionate about front end web technologies.
We employ Agile standard methodologies, use modern software development paradigms, and focus on continuous improvement in the delivery of high quality applications for our customers This is an opportunity to be part of one of the world's most recognized brands, and to collaborate with PlayStation Engineering teams in California, Japan, and Europe.
• Drive development of complex projects across multiple-teams and fields.
• Work with Product Owners and Product Managers to understand feature requirements, determine technical requirements, and develop new features in PlayStation web applications
• Partner with QA engineers to ensure test coverage and verify test plans that help deliver high quality features
• Write unit tests and component tests for features with key characteristics of stability and maintainability which prevent regressions in the product code.
• Efficiently debug issues raised by internal and external users and work with the team to provide resolutions to these issues.
• Passionate about Quality and strives to improve processes, proposes standard methodologies and drives their usage within the teams.
• Mentor other team members and provide technical leadership by reviewing pull requests, design plans, and participate in architectural discussions
• Communicate on development strategy, technical subjects related to software development frameworks, and collaborate effectively with the globally distributed teams to achieve the business goals.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
• At least four years or equivalent experience in developing web applications
• Experience with version control solutions (both centralized and distributed)
• Experience writing command-line scripts using either Node.js or similar
• Experience with at least one modern web application framework such as Angular/Ember.js/React
• Experience with asynchronous programming and Promises
• Experience working with or creating backend APIs
• Familiarity with SQL databases
• Experience with Docker
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Can do attitude; yet challenges status quo
• Works independently under minimal direction with strong work ethic
• Able to work quickly and productively in a fast-paced environment
• A passion for robust code
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.