Software Engineer II (Full Stack)
As a member of our engineering team here at Sony Interactive Entertainment, you will be working alongside top-tier staff on building upcoming features for the PlayStation Account & Customer Management tool. You'll be challenged with improving the customer service applications that our agents use throughout the world. PlayStation has users in 60+ countries. In order to continuously provide high-quality customer service, we work with our partners and platform engineering groups around the globe. This requires collaboration with our San Diego, San Francisco, San Mateo, and Tokyo sister offices to bring our collective value to the PlayStation Network.
Our applications incorporate the latest standard methodologies, from the user interface to the Java backend. The right candidate will be able to navigate through the entire stack to ensure we hit our objectives, commitments, and quality goals. You'll get hands-on experience in solving software design challenges, plus tackling dev Ops tasks using Amazon Web Services.
• You should enjoy researching information and digging deep to solve problems
• Responsibilities will include investigating and prototyping early technologies, defining and developing engaging new applications using core technologies, preparing status reports, and demonstrating to teams and project partners
• This role is a software development position
• Your primary focus will be helping to define and build frontend and backend web and existing platform that interacts with multiple cloud-based tools
• Participate in designing and developing user experiences that delight the customer, build exciting new initiatives, solve interesting and unique problems, grow technical insight, and collaborate across functional boundaries in defining the architecture, APIs, and overall design
• Research available technologies in the markets and conduct evaluations, and collaborate with the team
• Application operations and production support of internal and public-facing services within an AWS cloud environment, ensuring availability, resiliency, scalability, and performance.
• Identify areas for operational process improvement and automation. Drive the hands-on development of scripts and tools to automate these processes within our environment.
• Collaborate and partner with other teams that specialize in areas such as data services, CICD, and platform hosting to inspire changes and ensure efficient end-to-end system performance and resiliency across all back-end services within PlayStation.
• Occasionally provide rotational on-call support where you'll respond, detect, triage, and resolve production incidents.
• BS or MS in Computer Science, or comparable experience
• Demonstrated ability with full-stack software development
• Excellent programming skills in Java and the Spring Framework including Spring Boot
• Experience building dedicated and scalable web services
• Ability to build user interfaces and components that are modular, testable, and maintainable
• Experience with Node.js application development
• Experience with one or more NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB or Redis and MySQL or other relational database systems.
• Experience and comfort building cloud-native applications
• Experience with AWS and AWS Infrastructure, Platform, and Services
Desired Skills and Attributes:
• Experience with version control concepts and Git
• Experience and comfort working in an agile, and fast-paced environment
• A strong sense of ownership for the end product and your work
• Passionate about writing high quality and well-architected code
• Comfortable voicing new insights and challenging others
• Ready to have fun working with a high energy team
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk9nw8-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.