As a storage specialist for the Custom IT Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for the engineering and administration enhancement of sophisticated storage solutions in a fast paced, ambitious environment. This role will entail operational and project-based work for global business units within SIE and PlayStation Studios, as well as other Sony operating companies. This position requires relationship management between local teams and remote sites on a global scale, using a variety of technology to collaborate on projects.
• Responsible for storage infrastructure system management including resource allocation and planning, snapshots, performance monitoring/tuning, security management and more
• Provide highly skilled storage infrastructure support for projects including planning, installations, configurations, and upgrades
• Create Standard Operational Procedure documents for NAS and other storage infrastructures in the client environment
• Provide mentoring, project, and work assignment coordination with team members
• Address security initiatives and processes as they pertain to data and storage systems
• Communicate problem resolutions to other team members and management
• Coordinate and assist in technical storage equipment installation/de-installation and relocation of services as needed
• Provide partner concern support for all storage related problems
• Responsible for recommending and implementing the enterprise storage environments
• Provide support for modern storage systems to ensure integrity and availability
• Define and engineer efficient and reliable storage allocation and backup, recovery, archival procedures
• Provide trending and analytics for performance monitoring/tuning of storage systems along with planning for growth as needed
• Facilitate performance benchmarks and make recommendations for the selection of storage management software and hardware products for customers
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or other related field and/or 8 years of additional experience
• 8+ years of experience with industry standard SAN and NAS based solutions
• Dynamic understanding of storage fundamentals, with the expectation to lead storage standard methodologies and strategies
• Highly developed experience supporting common storage protocols (e.g., S3, NFS, CIFS)
• Extraordinary teammate capabilities are a must
• Backup and Archive technology including Miria, Cohesity, ATempo ADA, Amazon Glacier, Azure, and GCP
• Experience in storage administration using NetApp FAS and AFF systems
• Automation skills with an aim to optimize (e.g., Ansible, Terraform, etc.)
• Knowledge of tools and platforms to examine virtual machine performance and issues, infrastructure/processes, and increase efficiencies
• Excellent technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal competencies
• Organized and detailed documentation skills
• Able to handle unforeseen situations
• A passion for video games and supporting creators thereof
• Ability to provide on-call support for emergencies
• Experience with integrating storage systems from acquisitions
• Experience working with Global teams
• Not required, but if you speak Japanese, it is a plus!
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role's base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE's top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$124,300 - $186,500 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzzzqn-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.