Senior Security Operations Engineer
San Diego, CA or Remote
We are looking for an inspirational and hardworking person to join the Security Engineering team at Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE)! You'll be joining an exciting team of innovative engineers who are unified in their mission to make PlayStation the best and most secure gaming platform. This support is fulfilled by minimizing impact to the platform while ensuring the security needs are met. The engineer will also support the deployment of new security technologies that will improve the overall security posture of SIE. This role is highly technical and requires a shown grasp of security principles and how they are applied to an enterprise environment.
• Review and improve cloud based DevSecOps processes and tools
• Collaborate with the Ops team to build infrastructure and servers in the public cloud.
• Work closely with product and platform teams to engineer and implement cloud security controls with a focus on DevSecOps
• Implement a tool driven and highly automated approach to deliver secure key management processes by improving use of existing toolsets.
• Develop procedures to automate security tasks which seamlessly integrate into code builds and deployments
• Assist and train team members in the use of cloud security tools and the resolution of security issues
• Evaluate and recommend use of ML, AI, and data analytic services to enable action based events and triggers
• Build security utilities and tools for internal use that enable the team to operate at high speed and wide scale.
• Deploy automated security solutions for cloud delivery processes
• Deploy compliance solutions for large-scale cloud environments using container, microservices and serverless technologies
• Develop security and compliance capabilities in support of DevOps processes
• Develop & deploy automated solutions to secure cloud development processes
• Participates in an on-call rotation for 24x7 support of security operations
• Other duties assigned
• Bachelor's degree required, or equivalent industry experience (8+ years)
• Extensive experience in cloud based DDoS protection services such as AWS Advanced Shield, Imperva Incapsula and Akamai
• Solid understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) including VPC, ELB, IAM, KMS, EC2, Config, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, Lambda, and others
• Experience with other Cloud Providers are acceptable.
• Knowledge of network based, system level, and application layer attacks and mitigation methods
• Extensive Experience working with container technology including Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience with the development, deployment, and automation of security solutions in an enterprise cloud based environment
• Knowledge of AWS automation strategies and tools
• Solid understanding of technology and security topics including network and application security, infrastructure hardening, security baselines, web server, and database security
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate concerns, issues to other teams
• Experience in developing, detailing, and maintaining security procedures
• Proficient in AWS CLI/API, Bash, and Python
• Experience in virtualization, Cloud Formation, Python in building hybrid cloud models with security layered in for groups, policies is essential for an individual's hands-on expertise.
• Experience with Real time scalability and highly available solutions using functions like Lambda, AWS Auto Scaling and Cloud Formations.
• Industry recognized professional certification such as CISSP, GWAP, AWS Solutions Architect
• Direct senior level experience with security infrastructure engineering in hosted and cloud based environments.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3xjj-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.